Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 200g packet digestive biscuits
- 85g unsalted butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese
- 100ml Dairy Farmers Thickened Cream
- 3 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste*
- 300g Dairy Farmers Sour Cream
- 150g Dairy Farmers Traditional Natural Yogurt
- 300g frozen cranberries
- 2 tbs port
- 1 tsp arrowroot
- 8 small rosemary sprigs dusted with icing sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Process biscuits to fine crumbs in a food processor. Add butter and whiz to combine. Press evenly into the base of a 20cm springform cake pan and chill while you make the filling.
- Place cheese, thickened cream, eggs, 100g caster sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste in the (cleaned) food processor, and process until smooth. Spread filling over biscuit base.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until filling has set. Remove cake from oven and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, yoghurt, another 50g caster sugar and remaining vanilla paste. Spread over cake, then return to oven for a further 10 minutes. Set aside to cool, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place remaining 50g sugar, cranberries and port in a saucepan over low heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove lid and stir.Continue to cook until the cranberries give off their juice. Stir arrowroot into a dash of the juice, then add to pan with berry mixture and continue to cook until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and cool.
- To serve, top cake with cranberry sauce and garnish with the dusted rosemary sprigs.