CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

Sunday, December 12, 2010




Welcome to Sunday evening in my little corner of the world.  I have had a busy day, but it doesn't seem like I have achieved very much.  It has been a contented sort of day - just a calm and peaceful time.

The weather is LOVELY - cool and dry - very much my weather and the flooding is starting to dry out - and is leaving such a mess behind.

I have put up some Christmas lights in my family room and on my gates and tonight I am up late enough to turn all the lights on and see what they look like.  I am very pleased with then - a tree in my bedroom decorated in red and has coloured lights.  The one in my lounge room with the window facing the street has flashing coloured lights and I have a small one in my sewing room and another in the hallway.   All different and all beautiful.

I am sitting here in the light from the trees (rather should say the forest) and listening to Christmas music.  I need to go to bed, but I am reluctant to break the mood.

This is the first year I have had a "Memory and Friendship Tree" and this is a small fibre optic one and holds a collection of very different tree decorations all of which have been given to me or I have bought to celebrate something special.  There is a "from our house to yours" from Indiana from my friend Cheryl, a beautiful angel from Suzie in Kentucky, a little teapot from Diane, a string of parcels in pink which I bought at the hospital last year.  There are beaded names made by Nicki - her name and mine.  Special pink beaded stars - one from Narelle and another from Janis.  There is one from Naomi and two there I can see from Alexis.  All of them special and important to me.
There is one from the Friends of the Liver Unit at Flinders from last year and my task this week is to buy a special decoration in memory of my Donor and that I shall hang with very great pride, emotion and gratitude.

Christmas has arrived in my heart and in my home and for me the most important part of this Christmas is just the fact that I am here and well enough to enjoy it all with a thankful heart.

I hope you are able to enjoy these last two weeks in the lead up to Christmas and that the true meaning of Christmas lives in your hearts and your homes.

Blessings to you all - this truly is "The Most Beautiful Time of the Year.

Love and hugs,


1 comments:

Diane December 13, 2010 at 12:15 AM  

What a beautiful post I think you sound like me I like to have different trees all over and lights it makes for a happy time. Thanks for thinking of me when you decorated your special tree what an honor..
Enjoy the Christmas season.
Hugs
DianeLouise

Post a Comment