TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY

Sunday, December 19, 2010




Six more days and it will be Christmas - most of my preparations are in hand and the anticipation is rising.  I really love this time of year.

I have found such joy in making things ready this year - I have sewn, created and cooked and am very happy with the results as I see them coming together.

I have put together quiz questions and games for the family to play between courses and there will be much laughter and noise and it will do my heart good.

I have gathered small gifts for everyone who answers a question and I have quite a basket of goodies - I can hardly wait.  I have to make a berry trifle on Friday but apart from that I am organized.  Today I made the berry float (berries frozen in fruit juice and placed in the punchbowl to keep the punch cool) - a far cry from your warm eggnog in the northern hemisphere.

I shall get out my good crockery and cutlery and celebrate in style - I shall celebrate Christmas and all its meaning and I shall celebrate life and all the good things that have happened to me during this year.   It has been a difficult year, but one that brings such joy to my heart. I imagine it will be quite an emotional Christmas for me this year.


I have a new outfit for Christmas day and new jewellery that matches and I shall celebrate Christmas and I shall celebrate LIFE.

Find a child and read the Christmas story, make cookies and enjoy their laughter and make some magic and memories.

This truly is the "most wonderful time of the year."

Love and hugs,


1 comments:

Diane December 20, 2010 at 6:09 AM  

Im with You Linda I love this time of year and its especially good when families can come together and celebrate and be happy. A lot of our families are having ugly christmas sweater parties thats always another excuse to get together.Fun Times..
Hugs Diane

Post a Comment