ADDING SOME ZING TO YOUR TABLE

Thursday, November 4, 2010

I think one of my favourite things about Christmas is setting up and then standing back to enjoy my Christmas Table - all ready for dinner and before we get in and mess it all up. 

It looks wonderful and then when we start to eat and the wine is opened - now that's a different story, but for me there are lots of lovely things I can do to add to the table and that make me happy.

This is something I have done for a few years now - hang a candy cane (tied with a ribbon to match your table decor) on the side of a wine glass.



Be sure to add the wine glass charm to the stem of the glass - I have lots of those and love using them.

Another thing I did last Christmas was to buy the metal cookie cutters and attach one to each wine glass with a paper slide and each guest got to take home their cookie cutter.  Unfortunately I wasn't well enough last year to take photographs and the rest of the family were too busy organizing the meal and taking care of me to worry about photographs.

I also put a cookie cutter on the tumblers for the children and they loved them.

Enjoy your planning and decoration.

Love and hugs,



"Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen."

(Author unknown, attributed to a 7-year-old named Bobby)

2 comments:

Diane November 4, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

Such a great idea tying the candy cane to the wine glass. I might just steal your idea.LOL
Christmas is a busy fun time and it will be here soon. HELP!! :)

Ros November 4, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

I love this Linda your an amazing lady
Hugs
Ros

Post a Comment