SIX WEEKS AND CHRISTMAS WILL BE OVER

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Isn't that a scary thought that six weeks from today Christmas will be over and we shall all be trying to recover (or for those in the Northern Hemisphere you will be coming to the end of your Christmas Day)

It is my intention to make the most of each moment in the lead up to Christmas and to find some Christmas joy in each and every day. - well at least one joy and I am sure there will be some days when there are several.

I shopped yesterday for bits and pieces to make the table centres for our Christmas Table and have made them and am very pleased with the effect.  I was able to colour coordinate candles and serviettes etc.  A very nice feeling.

I had family with me for breakfast this beautiful Sunday morning and we discussed menus for the day and are still undecided as to whether to have a hot traditional lunch or a cold lunch.    Still some time left to decide.

I have the recipe I shared with you in a previous post for the Berry Trifle in mind to do and lots of other nibbles etc.  Oh the joy of Christmas really rings in my heart.

I am sharing another recipe with you that I intend to make this year:


Christmas Balls

Makes
40

Ingredients

  • 4 cups desiccated coconut
  • 395g can sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
  • 1/2 cup (100g) red glace cherries, finely chopped

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
  2. Combine coconut, milk and lemon rind in a bowl. Add cherries. Stir until coconut mixture turns pink. Using 1 level tablespoon mixture at a time, roll mixture into 40 balls. Place balls, 3cm apart, on prepared trays.
  3. Bake, swapping trays halfway, for 12 to 15 minutes or until balls are lightly browned. Cool on trays. Serve.
Enjoy your preparations and plan with a cheerful heart and you will find that the true joy of Christmas is with you.


Love and hugs,



"There is no ideal Christmas; only the one Christmas you decide to make as a reflection of your values, desires, affections, traditions."

Bill McKibben

4 comments:

Aletha November 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

Oh those sound good I will try and make that have to convert to cups, and ounces for me.

Stina November 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

I made these last year and they are delicious!! Messy though with that condensed milk and all that coconut. lol
I have some more Christmas recipes I should send you. One I made last year which was sooooo yum! Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles. Interested? lol

Linda J. November 19, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

Of course I am interested - send away - anything about Christmas send to me please.

Stina November 19, 2010 at 9:41 PM  

LOL....will do. Will be sorting it out anyway to list the ingredients I need for Christmas recipes this year...It only has about 3 or 4 things in. Very yum.

Post a Comment