Sunday, November 14, 2010
- 4 cups desiccated coconut
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup (100g) red glace cherries, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine coconut, milk and lemon rind in a bowl. Add cherries. Stir until coconut mixture turns pink. Using 1 level tablespoon mixture at a time, roll mixture into 40 balls. Place balls, 3cm apart, on prepared trays.
- Bake, swapping trays halfway, for 12 to 15 minutes or until balls are lightly browned. Cool on trays. Serve.