Sharing something I wrote.

Friday, December 17, 2010



MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU.

The tree is decorated
And lights are in the hall
Simple reminiscences of days
When the children were small.

Cards have been received
And I have mailed my share ~
Functions to attend
and busy-ness everywhere.

Lights are in my windows
and tinsel sparkles too
I take some time apart ~
And I remember you..

Merry Christmas Dad !
What would I give to see you
To sit and chat a while
And share a drink with you.

You would see some changes,
The children now quite grown
Stepping out and now making
Lives of their very own.

In memory I wander
To the days when I was small
When you were indeed my hero
And I loved you best of all.

You were my Santa  ~ I saw you
As you knelt beside my bed
You loved me very much
I heard the words you said…

The years have changed
And my children too are grown
My how quickly the years fly –
How could I have ever known?

There is a space in my life
Which belongs alone to you
I was blessed indeed
To have a Father like you.

Merry Christmas Dad
As you sail on an untroubled sea
I am so very happy
That you were Father to me.


Merry Christmas Dad,


©  Linda J Vaughan

I miss my Dad everyday and especially at Christmas time.

Love and hugs,




0 comments:

Post a Comment